We are sorry, there are no reviews yet for this tour.
Thailand Express (5 Days)
Day 1: Bangkok
Welcome to Bangkok, the ever-alluring capital of Thailand. Arrival transfer to our hotel where our Welcome Meeting takes place later in the evening.
Overnight in Bangkok.
Day 2: Bangkok
This morning we see vibrant floral displays at Bangkok’s 24hr Flower Market before exploring the stunning Grand Palace, crowned by lofty gilt stupas and home to the legendary Emerald Buddha. After we take an exhilarating ride on a Tuk Tuk to Wat Pho – the temple of the Reclining Buddha and birthplace of traditional Thai massage. Jumping onboard our longtail boats we discover the city’s canals, known as Khlongs. Exploring the city by boat gives insight into the lives of the city’s riverside dwellers – the overtly rich and incredibly poor.
After we drive to Ayuthaya, have dinner and include day use rooms for you to freshen up before we take the overnight express sleeper train (2nd class A/C sleeper cabins) to Chiang Mai.
Overnight in Sleeper Train.
Day 3: Chiang Mai – Mae Rim
This morning we arrive into the picturesque city of Chiang Mai, nestled in the foothills of northern Thailand. First up we visit the imposing Doi Suthep Temple that stands like a sentinel over the city. The tranquility of chanting temple monks is a real highlight and we take time to enjoy this and the view before driving into the countryside to the Hmong hill tribe Lodge where we will stay this evening. Here, you can take numerous walks into the surrounding countryside to visit the some of the nearby hill tribe villages.
In the evening we enjoy a sumptuous BBQ before being entertained by dancers from the local community. The lodge has been in operation for the last 30 years and works in symbiosis with the local population, which offers a wonderful insight into the lives of some of the smaller minority groups in the Kingdom.
Overnight in Mae Rim.
Day 4: Mae Rim – Chaing Rai –Chiang Mai
Following an early breakfast, we bid farewell to our hosts and set off north towards Chiang Rai. Our journey today takes us through stunning karst and jungle scenery before we arrive at the Kok River for an hour long longtail boat cruise along the waterway. Here we’ll see farmers work the land where oranges grow, whilst men fish along the banks and buffalo wallow in the shallow waters. Following a break for lunch we visit the Golden Triangle and learn of the Opium Trade that made this region so wealthy. We then visit a Hill tribe Community site where you have the chance to learn more about how 5 of the most prominent tribes in the area live, including their traditional costumes and homes. Our last stop of the day is the unconventional Wat Rong Khun (White Temple) that depicts scenes from modern movies including the Matrix, Star Wars and Superman, which we’ll view from outside. After we return to Chiang Mai arriving late in the evening.
Overnight in Chiang Mai.
Day 5: Pad Thai
This morning you can join your tour guide in giving out Alms to the local monks before returning to your hotel for breakfast. We then take a traditional trishaw for a ride around the old city of Chiang Mai visiting well known temples within the city walls.
Today for lunch, we learn to cook 3 of the most popular Thai dishes, the perfect souvenir to take home. Pay attention though, as you get to eat what you cook for your lunch! The rest of the day is free for you to relax and explore. Choose from adrenaline-fueled adventures such a canopy zip lining or opt for a more relaxing affair with spa treatments and massages. In the evening join us for a trip down to the Chiang Mai night market, a haven of souvenirs and works by local artisans.
As your tour concludes today in Chiang Mai, you are welcome to depart at any time you wish. You can choose to depart this morning, after the cooking course we would suggest booking a flight no earlier than 5pm or stay with us till after returning from the night market. Hotel check out is at 12 noon and if staying longer you might wish to consider booking extra accommodation. Alternatively, you may choose to end your tour in Bangkok, by booking our Bangkok extension.
You must enter a tour map code in the appropriate field when editing your tour in order for it to be displayed here
- Bangkok - Grand Palace, Wat Pho - home to the Reclining Buddha, Original Thai Massage School and 24 hour Flower Market - see stunning orchids and roses on sale
- Chiang Mai Cooking Class. Learn to make 3 classic Thai dishes.
- Visit to the Hmong Hill tribe and overnight stay in their community operated lodge/ resort.
- Day trip to Chiang Rai - see the hill tribes of the region, visit the 'Golden Triangle’ & the Opium Museum
- Cruise along the Khlongs of Bangkok - see the rich and the poor
- Chiang Mai - the towering Doi Suthep temple, Chiang Mai night market and temples, trishaw ride around the old city
- Cruise along the Kok River
- Wat Rhon Khung (known as the White Temple) - an unconventional Buddhist temple located in Chiang rai
- 3 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners
- Guided sightseeing in Bangkok, Chaing Mai and Chiang Rai
- Cooking course in Chiang Mai with lunch
- Tuk tuk ride in Bangkok, trishaw ride around the old city in Chiang Mai
- Escorted by an English-speaking Thai tour guide (for groups of 6 or more)
- 2 nights 3 - 4 star hotels, 1 overnight stay at the Hmong hill tribe lodge/resort and 1 overnight sleeper train
- Excursion to the hill tribe villages and Golden Triangle areas near Chiang Rai
- Longtail boat cruise on the canals of Bangkok and on the Kok River
- Airport arrival transfer on day 1
- All relevant transfers and transportation in private air-conditioned vehicles
- International flights, visa and departure transfer